Thursday, October 17, 2013

El veintitrés día en Granada

El veintitrés día en Granada

Thursday is my favorite day of the week in Spain! Here Thursdays are the new Fridays! I only have one class in the morning and then the day is mine! I can stay up as late as I want because I don’t have class tomorrow and I have practically no obligations except to make sure I am at home on time to be served lunch!
Today I went to class and only took a small nap afterward! I spent some time cleaning my room, caught up on a few American TV shows, and enjoyed all my free time. After lunch, I went by myself get some coffee so I could enjoy the beautiful weather today while reading my Harry Potter book. 
I went to a café and felt really cool sitting all by myself in Spain, sipping coffee, reading Harry Potter in Spanish. It was fun to look up every so often and try to see what little bits of conversations I could pick up. I was having a really hard time understanding one group before I realized they were speaking French lol. 

As if I weren’t feeling cool enough, I also decided to order myself a glass of red wine, which I don’t really like that much but I really want to because it looks more sophisticated than white in my opinion. I actually liked it this time though. Maybe it was just the ambiance from the street performer playing the accordion that made it taste better.
To make my day even better, an adorable little tiny Spanish boy and his parents sat at the table next to me and I couldn’t help but take a picture because he was so darn cute. Hopefully nobody saw me do it… 

After I decided my brain hurt enough from reading Harry Potter in Spanish, I took a walk and finally sat down on a bench and read to myself out loud, which probably made me look crazy, but whatever it was helpful! Even though I spent most of the day alone, I had a great day here in Spain. Tomorrow we are off to Madrid and Toledo for the weekend so I should have a super fun weekend!


P.S. Yesterday we went to an incredible Flamenco show! If you have not already seen the videos from them on my Facebook you should check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment