Wednesday, October 2, 2013

El nueve día en Granada

El nueve día en Granada

Today is not really a good day for a play by play of what has happened because it consisted mostly of school! So I will write in paragraph form today:) Also because I want to share all the details about my day! I had two classes in the morning today. I also have another class Lunes, Miércoles a las 18:00 hasta 20:00, but it is not in the photo of my schedule below.

 The first was one of my grammar classes and was at 8:30 in the morning. The teacher was 20 minutes late but she was very nice! I sat next to two girls who I will not sit next to again. They seemed really nice but they were both out until about 6 am last night, and I want to sit by people who will help me learn. It was good because we did an activity where I was moved by two guys, who were very nice, and seemed to know their Spanish pretty well. I think I will sit by them again! The professor talked a little bit fast, but I was able to get most of what she was saying. My second class was even better! The class is the History of Spain at 10:30 and I have two friends named Graham and Slate in the class, so that made it more fun. The teacher speaks very slowly and clearly so I am able to follow everything she says. She sounds like she really wants us to learn but doesn’t want to bombard us with too much work, which sounds like a great plan to me! We did a “get to know you” activity and then talked about the class. We also did a pretest about the history of Spain, which I did much better on than expected! The book for the class only cost 5€ so that was awesome. I wish it were like that in the states! After my two classes I headed back home for lunch and siesta! I also skyped my parents briefly so I could show them the rooftop. Julia and I took a very long nap and then I woke up to head to my second grammar class at 18:00. This class was very small, only about 12 people. Again, the teacher (again female), was very nice. And again, she spoke very slowly and clearly so I was able to understand anything. We spent the class period doing “get to know you” activities and then she taught us a bunch of common Spanish phrases/responses. One that I thought was very funny was that if someone says to you in Spanish “My head hurts/ Me duele la cabeza,” the typical response in Spain is something along the lines of “Me too” or “Yea my mom’s was hurting last week,” or “mine hurt yesterday.” “A mi ayer también.” It is not typical to respond with sympathy like, “oh I’m sorry!” Very interesting… I also made a friend named Kate in that class, so that's good! I am very happy with my first official day of classes in Spain and I hope they continue to be just as good! I already feel like the 6 hours of pure Spanish exposure in get on Mondays and Wednesdays is going to help my speaking and understanding immensely!

 Anyways, now I am back at the house after a super tasty meal of something that tasted like stuffing and plum sauce, and Julia and I are planning on going out for drinks with some friends. ¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment