Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day Four in Granada

Day Four in Granada
-Julia and I woke up and got ready. The shower drain was clogged so our señora came downstairs and pulled a ton of hair out of the drain from the last girl that was there before us. It was super gross
-After we got ready we headed to the plaza Bibrrambla where we met with the rest of the group and Tiana for churros with chocolate, which was super tasty
-I also had a veggie sandwich but it wasn’t very good
-After eating we walked through a few different plazas and Triana told us a little about each
-We then went back to the Arcadia center for a little orientation about various extracurricular activities we can become involved in. I am hoping to volunteer at a hospital and I also signed up for an intercambio, which is someone I can practice my Spanish with
- Julia and I walked back to the apartment to have lunch with our señora and afterward we walked back to the street markets to buy a few things. We each ended up buying really cute shoes because we found a shop with really great deals! I got mine for just 13€! I also bought a fan, which is very common here because it is sooo hot when the sun is out

-I bought Rachel’s belated birthday gifts ;)
-We hung around the apartment for a while and caught up on a few of our American TV shows while we did henna

- Our señora went out for dinner, but she still made us something to eat before we go out.
-I skyped my Mommy for a little bit but unfortunately I could not hear her because something was wrong with her computer
-Julia and I left to go meet the group so we could go to our first Spanish club!
-We left around 10:30pm and were told that people don’t start going to clubs until around 1:30am, so we went to a couple bars beforehand to take up some time
-We met another American student on our way so he joined us at the bars, he was very friendly and his name is Josh
-Our original plan was to go to Granada 10, but the bartender at our last bar told us of a different one that was closer and that he thinks is better, so he gave us directions and we went there.
-Our new friend Josh wasn’t able to get into the club because he was wearing shorts, but that was okay because he wasn’t really planning on clubbing anyways
-It cost us 12 € to get into the club, but that included two free drinks which was nice
-The club was pretty cool, it was pretty big with quite a few different rooms. They nice thing is that for the most part people actually dance and it isn’t just gross guys desperately trying to push themselves up against girls. If you said no or even just indicated no, they let you be, so that was really cool! I was able to just have a good time dancing with my friends in a cool very loud club
-We didn’t get home until around 5 in the morning so we slept in suuuuper late

-It was a fun night but definitely not one I would like to have all the time. It is very expensive and I don’t like staying out that late. I feel like it is a waste of the day to sleep in so late. I prefer staying out til 2 or 3 with a smaller group of people where you can actually talk. But that will be fun to do every so often

No comments:

Post a Comment